I recently embarked on a journey to rectify one of my smaller niche sites. Basically the problem is very straight forward: Low CPC, Low Traffic, Very very minute amount of clicks daily.
I had previously tried moving around ad placement positions that did not work. I tried increasing and then reducing amount of ads per page and that didn’t work either. I changed the themes, both desktop and mobile and that didn’t seem to work either. I even went as far as changing the focus topic and that did increase the traffic but still clicks were lagging!
I had a breakthrough recently though when I tried a completely different look out of the blue and it seems the site is earning again. I will update as soon as I am able to tell for sure what it is I did differently that actually triggered the improvement.