Home Forums General Support Protecting my WordPress site

Tagged: 

9 replies, 5 voices Last updated by  Christopher Akuneme 2 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Victor
    Keymaster
    @Victor

How can i protect my WordPress website from being hacked?

Kuretta
    Participant
    @Kuretta

I believe there are a lot of great security plugins for WordPress… Say Sucuri for example… Maybe they are just a bit resource intensive. But there are more stripped down security solutions like WangGuard and the likes. You just have to pick and choose what works for you. Personally I use Sucuri on my blog and its great so far. Protects again bruteforce attacks, limits login attempts and so on. Another great thing you could do is install the captcha recaptcha plugin. The pro version if possible. Goes for less than 10 dollars on codecanyon if memory serves me right. Also using a great hosting company is a lot of excellent security on its own.

I hope I have been able to assist you today? :bye:

Lord Tee’wai
    Participant
    @Kidd

:mail:

Christopher Akuneme
    Participant
    @ChrisAkuneme

@kuretta which host do you use?

Kuretta
    Participant
    @Kuretta

@chrisakuneme I use Justhost. Subsidiary of bluehost I believe, why do you ask?

Christopher Akuneme
    Participant
    @ChrisAkuneme

@kuretta when you said “resource intensive” I believe you meant that they use a lot of disk space which may slow down the site. So I needed to know the host you use that supports plugins like sucurri and won’t slow down the site.

Kuretta
    Participant
    @Kuretta

@chrisakuneme I even later found out its wayyyy better to shell out a few more bucks and go VPS or dedicated server especially if you run a high traffic site or a forum with a heavy database. I run a small forum, what site do you run Chris and what do you think of our little community here at Kaganate?

Christopher Akuneme
    Participant
    @ChrisAkuneme

@kuretta I blog at Lagschools.com. Though it’s still on Blogger, I plan to move it to WordPress as soon as possible. I’ve used WordPress for some projects but I’m not well versed with it, so I’m gathering some info before I migrate.

Kaganate is cool, I love the design and colour combination. Though I’m still wondering what the name entails.

I believe with time, Kaganate would be the next warrior forum ;-)

LayGiri
    Keymaster
    @LayGiri

Hey @chrisakuneme Thanks a lot for the compliments… I like that you see greater things in store for Kaganate. We are working very hard to get to the warrior forum level and even surpass it in good time. I did however notice that you mentioned gathering information about WordPress and taking the plunge I can help you with that. I own and run about 6 websites that run on WordPress so I believe I could pretty much assist you with anything and everything WordPress. If you ever need any help feel free to drop a question on the discussion boards or send me a private message anytime. :good:

Christopher Akuneme
    Participant
    @ChrisAkuneme

@laygiri No problem, I will contact you when I’m ready

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.