Home Forums Adsense Forum Someone please share your adsense story

Tagged: 

6 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Victor 2 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Victor
    Keymaster
    @Victor

Can someone kindly share his/her adsense story? From how you started to where you are now

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Victor.

LayGiri
    Keymaster
    @LayGiri

I probably have one of the most depressing yet inspiring Adsense stories of all time and it is actually quite funny… I was easily one of the hardest working bloggers you would find around. Creating long, exclusive and quality content for my first blog many years ago. In very little time (say 3 months) I had a very high traffic website on my hands. Alexa had it ranked around 65,000th most visited in the world, top 400 sites in Nigeria and here is the part that will make you laugh — I wasn’t making a single dime. I was working very hard at other things to be able to afford to run the website. Adsense had rejected me for 2 good years and other advertisers weren’t working for me (Addynamo, Prestads, Admarula etc)… Well except admarula, they actually sent me my first substantial paycheck from the web!

Eventually I was stupid enough to agree to this lesser known advertising network. I took their ad codes injected it all over my site and guess what happened? I lost ALL my traffic!!! All!!! Apparently their ads were against Google TOS and I had no idea! I wanted to be angry and just take it all out on the agent who reached out to me for advertising but I decided against that. I simply removed the ads and went back to square one. The most painful thing was that all the ads made me was about 2 USD (I never even cared to check again). And did I menttion I had been applying for Adsense every month along the way and getting rejected? LOL

Didn’t stop me though, I kept on working hard at the content and investing like a terrible business man! Almost 3 years on and my Adsense account gets approved! One might think yaayyyy :yahoo: it is time to start making some money and paying up some bills. It did not work that way at all. For atleast 6 months I was one of those bloggers who made 2 dollars a day. Less on some days and way more on other days. I used to wonder maybe I was cursed or I had 2 heads and I was being singled out. Especially because I saw bloggers who were doing all these amazing things with their money that they supposedly earned from Adsense. I was sure they weren’t being straight. Like I could have sworn they were doing some illegal stuff on the side and using blogging as an excuse… But boy was I wrong.

So I quit…..

Yeah that’s right I quit for a 3 month period. Did not blog or write a single word and in that period I was re-evaluating and figuring out how to come back stronger! And boy did i come back. Fast forward 2 years and I had gone from making 2 dollars a day on a website to making 30 a day on one website and then 50…. And then banking thousands of dollars a month in income monthly. The difference between earning with Adsense and having an Adsense account is miles apart. It is like an entire science. It could even be an entire course of study in higher institutions.

I learnt so much and grew so much on this journey! Why would I not want to share? The interesting thing is I am sure I am not the only one who went through this. There are definitely people who are still experiencing this right now! :cry:. I sincerely hope they find their way here so we can help them with a road map to success! It wasn’t the easiest thing getting from their to here.

PS- After this ordeal I figured out everything i was doing wrong and basically started getting Adsense approval in under 24 hours. Amazeballs!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  LayGiri.

Ity Obot
    Participant
    @ITyUNIT

I sincerely would like to know what I’m doing wrong cos I’m still with the $2 a day crew

LayGiri
    Keymaster
    @LayGiri

Hey there @ityunit we are definitely here for you! You can ask specific questions on the forums or just share a link to your website/blog so that we can maybe help you take a look. :-)

Victor
    Keymaster
    @Victor

WOW @laygiri this is freaking amazing! I have been frustrated and I am still in the frustrated state…Perhaps I should quit and come back again in 3 months. So what were you doing wrong which you later realised??

Christopher Akuneme
    Participant
    @ChrisAkuneme

Adsense don fall my hands wella.

I had this particular tech blog after I finished secondary school, I was the local champion in my area. People came from distance to ask questions on how to configure their phone bla bla bla… I did it for them and I did it free. I never made a single dime from that blog :cry:

I heard about adsense and started applying but I always got rejected. I tried again, same thing, then I gave up. Then one day, a friend from Facebook gave me an adsense account, the adsense only worked on blogspot sub-domains, I created a new blogspot blog and put the adsense there. Never had a passion for the new blog so no traffic. Two years later and the adsense given to me by my Facebook friend was still below two dollars. Due to school and other things, I stylishly gave up blogging.

2014 came and I started again. This time around, I was determined to make it with or without adsense. I was making reasonable amount of money from the service I render on the blog but the way some people display their adsense check will just make you jealous. Since I was not getting approved by adsense, I decided to buy from someone who had. The guy sold me a USA adsense account and I was making like 3$ per day, sometimes 12$ depending on traffic on the specific day. I made like 75$ the first month but Google slashed it down to 60$,i was like no le le. Second month, I made up to 160,they slashed it again to 85$. This time around, they not only slashed it, they also sent me a heart breaking message…. My adsense was a goner. I promised to forget adsense and face the service aspect of my blog.

I did not keep my promise. I have lots of bloggers as friends on Facebook. These guys can show off for Africa. They will collect their adsense earnings in dollars or euros, spread the money on their bed and take wicked selfies with a mac book gracing one part of the bed. So I tried my luck again, I bought another adsense (my friends were also buying), this time around, the following day it was blocked.

So what next did I do? I just unfollowed anybody that will make me remember adsense again….

Victor
    Keymaster
    @Victor

LMAO!! This is so heartbreaking @chrisakuneme .This is why we have started Kaganate, to give hope to those who have lost hope in making money online.

Right? @laygiri

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.