Home Forums Social Media Forum Why aren't most webmasters taking advantage of pagination?

Tagged: ,

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Paul Bola 1 year, 9 months ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

LayGiri
    Keymaster
    @LayGiri

I have wondered for a while why more websites aren’t taking advantage of pagination on blog posts to increase the pageviews from social medial traffic.

I would like to hear directly from you on why you personally do not paginate on your blog. is it too annoying? Or you simply do not know how to set it up?

Kuretta
    Participant
    @Kuretta

I’m sorry but the pagination thing is a bit annoying in my opinion. Like I visit some websites and have to scroll 10 pages for information that I could get in a list of 10 lines. Seems a tad too much and usually when I see that I just go elsewhere. My 2cents.

Victor
    Keymaster
    @Victor

Exactly! I agree with @kuretta. It is very annoying and I believe not too good for user experience. I hate visiting a site via a link from twitter only to find out that its filled with few content and many next buttons :negative: :negative: :negative:

LayGiri
    Keymaster
    @LayGiri

Ha @victor but this is a fundamental method for publishers to increase page views and maybe get more ad clicks without gaming the system. I do agree that it can be annoying when the content is thin but this thing works ooo… :-( :-( :-(

Kuretta
    Participant
    @Kuretta

@laygiri Thin content, large content, in-between content… Annoying is annoying! :negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

Paul Bola
    Participant
    @paulbola

pagination is something like a govt. policy. Black hat marketer try to find other way to pass and get google benefits without following rules.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.